Thursday, June 3, 2010

How I Use Facebook

image

Since year 2010 came, or I suppose mid-2009, Facebook dominated the race of social-networking. It was September 2008 when I signed up for Facebook since I have friends who already have their own accounts. As soon as I started using it, I merely got bored because of its very plain and clean interface, featuring blue and white colors all-over, the task to post my status on my wall and that’s it. I asked myself “now what?” After my first 20 minutes of using Facebook, I immediately logged out since I only have two friends with nothing chat with. Maybe I just didn’t look for more in Facebook like its applications and the like.

Until this year, after a long time, I went back to Facebook since news stated that it’ll be the trend of the year replacing Friendster and that’s what I did. I left Friendster last April and began perking up my account.

What’s great about Facebook I think is its simplicity yet it has many features (which I haven’t seen from the time when my I first use). Everyday or every 2 days, I update my account through playing its different games. When I open my account, here are the things I do for the next hours:

1.)  KEEP IN MIND THE THREE ICONS BESIDE THE LOGO

First thing I do is check the 3 icons above: friend requests, messages and notifications. If there’s any, I’ll confirm, reply and check them out.

2.) GAMES AND APPS

Then, it’s time to play. Usually I play simulation games such as Treasure Isle, Farmville, Nightclub City and Restaurant City. Other games are tricky and testing like Jumping Dog, Music, Global & Word Challenge, Who Has the Biggest Brain, Bowling Buddies, Alien Attack and Icy Tower.

Aside from a whole variety of games, Facebook users are given chances to create their own quizzes and I spend a little time answering quizzes. There are funny and somehow gibberish but full of fun especially when I found out the result. The Last quiz I took was “Makakapasa Ka ba sa Board Exam” = 2nd place ka :)

wall

Editing is fun and I share them in Facebook, usually bringing in comments.

3.) PHOTOS AND TAG ‘EM

If I get used in playing games, I usually upload photos from my drive and splurge time tagging. Most of the times, I edit pictures of mine and from other sites and type quotations on them and upload them, usually attracting people to comment and like them.

4.) POSTING

To draw more attention, I post quotes, jokes, inspirational song lyrics and satirical posts/ photos on my wall. Sometimes, the comment box becomes a chat box for those who comment.

5.) CHAT AND LOG OUT

If there’s nothing to do, I chat with my online friends. When the talk’s over, I log out and finish off my Facebook use.

For all those actions, I spend 2 to 3 hours, depending on my mood and thrill. How about you? How do you use your Facebook?  :)

2 remarks:

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

ako ay walang farmville..di ako mahilig ng mga laro sa computer..

Patz said...

@arvin ah ganun ba? :) ok lang yun

Badges



Proudly Pinoy!